Job Title: Project Management Officer
The PMO role will report directly to the Project Manager of a client engagement. The PMO role will take overall responsibility and ownership for the commissioning and maintenance of the delivery enabling frameworks within a client engagement.
Additionally, the PMO role is responsible for the effective liaison between the client engagement and the wider Lemongrass operational functions.
Delivery Enabling Frameworks
Project Planning Framework: Takes responsibility for commissioning and maintaining the Project Planning Framework & Planning Processes to ensure that the Project formulates a set of Plans that provide confidence that:
- The Deliverables for a Phase are comprehensive & complete.
- The Activities required to achieve the Deliverables are well defined.
- The Sequence of Activities are logically correct.
- The Effort required to complete the Activities is estimated accurately.
- The Resources allocated to undertake the Activities are appropriately skilled.
Project Execution Framework: Takes responsibility for commissioning and maintaining the Project Execution Framework that will enable the Project Execution to take place consistently across Workstreams and provide confidence that:
- Tooling is being used effectively and efficiently.
- Documentation Standards and Templates are being applied consistently to ensure that we have a commonly understood set of Project Artefacts.
- Execution Workflow is being used consistently across Workstreams to ensure that we have common “Units of Measure” across the Project for measuring Progress.
Project Tracking Framework: Ensures that the Project Tracking Framework is commissioned and maintained to drive out the necessary Project Management Information that provides Project Leadership with granular information pertaining to:
- Planned Progress of Deliverables for a Project Phase.
- Actual Progress of Deliverables for the same Project Phase.
- Clear visibility Execution Variances.
- Mitigation required to close these Execution Variances.
Project Quality Framework: Ensures that the Quality Framework is commissioned and maintained to drive compliance with the finite Quality Criteria that each Phase & Stage are required to meet in order to ensure that the Project Phases are commenced & completed in a manner that maintains the integrity of the Project Critical Path:
- Clear definition of Entry Criteria that require to be met prior to the Project commencing a Project Phase or Stage.
- Clear definition of Exit Criteria that require to be met prior to the Project completing a Project Phase or Stage.
- The Schedule of measurements that require to be made throughout the Project Phase or Stage to provide clear visibility of incremental progress being made towards meeting the Entry & Exit Criteria.
Project Finance Framework: Commissions and maintains the Project Finance Framework to ensure that the Financial Integrity of the Project is maintained. Specifically, this Framework delivers:
- Budget Formulation for each Phase of the Project.
- Incremental tracking of Actuals for each Phase of the Project to date.
- Forecast & Cost to Complete for subsequent Phases of the Project.
- Liaison with Lemongrass operational functions to ensure that internal Lemongrass financial systems accurately reflect the financial status of the client engagement.
- Liaison with the Lemongrass operational functions to ensure that internal Lemongrass resourcing systems & processes are utilised to reflect the current and future resourcing needs of the client engagement.
Project Governance Framework: Commissions and maintains the overarching Project Governance that will drive the Operations of the Project and that they are taking place in an effective & efficient manner, with full visibility and mitigation of Risks & Issues, and are in line with delivering the Project Deliverables & Outcomes to the required Time, Cost & Quality Criteria.
- Steering Committee
- Operational Project Management
- Project Delivery Team (Sunrise)
- Design Authority
- Change Request Board
- Internal (non-client) governance sessions
Required Skills and Experience
- Broad understanding of SAP: Business, Functional, Technical
- Understands when and how to escalate and mitigate
- Is comfortable with ambiguity but drives predictability
- Self-motivator and self-starter
- Inquisitive, wanting to learn
- Attention to detail, completer-finisher
- Keeps composure under pressure
- Ability to take helicopter view
- Takes ownership, passionate
- Good understanding of agile delivery in general
- Good understanding of waterfall delivery in general
- Good understanding of the end-to-end project lifecycle: from pre-sales to end of stabilisation and transition into BaU
- Ability to understand and manage budgets to revenue, cost and margin
- Understands and applies project tools: plans, RAID Logs, Change Request Logs etc..
- Ability to keep teams focused on the direct tasks and deliverables at hand
- Establish & manage Relationships with business managers and end users
- Ability to work across a multiple delivery engagements
- Ability to be responsible for a portfolio of projects
- Able to help shape and input into our delivery approach, ensuring we learn from each project, harvest artefacts and knowledge
- Does not need to be everybody’s friend, but gets on with everybody from a delivery perspective: adaptable
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ability to estimate new pieces of work, applying estimation rules of thumb
- Ability to create a project plan to deliver to scope, timelines and budget
- Establish & Manage Relations with Senior Stakeholders
- Ability to engaging with customers on leading large programmes of work
- Has worked for large as well as small consulting organisations