Job Title: SAP Basis Solution Monitoring Consultant
Location: India (Pune/Delhi)
Lemongrass Consulting (www.lemongrassconsulting.com) is the leading professional and managed service provider of SAP enterprise applications running on AWS hyper-scale cloud infrastructure. Our objective is to delight our customers every day by reducing the cost and increasing the agility of their SAP systems. We do this with our continuous innovation, automation, migration and operation, delivered on the world’s most comprehensive cloud platform, AWS. We have been working with AWS since 2010 and we are a Premier Amazon Partner Network (or APN) Consulting Partner. We are also an SAP Certified Silver Partner.
Our team is what makes Lemongrass exceptional and why we have an excellent reputation in the market that we enjoy today. At Lemongrass, you will work with the smartest and most motivated people in the business. We take pride in our culture of innovation and collaboration that drives us to deliver exceptional benefits to our clients every day.
This engagement will begin as a remote engagement, but the candidate will be required to come on-site as soon as the SOM offices open. This will not be a full-time remote position. The position has support from the lead Solution manager consultant however the consultant needs to be confident working independently.
- 3+ years of experience working in SAP technologies and BASIS line of work.
- Looking for a qualified solution manager consultant with skills in SAP Solution Manager application area required to deliver functionality that meets business defined goals.
- This individual will be responsible for building solutions using SAP Solution Manager process design, setup, and deployment methodologies.
- This position will require strong consulting skills and expertise to understand complex SAP solution designs.
Required / Desired Skills
- SAP BASIS Administration/Consulting. SAP System Implementation, SAP System installation
- Experience with full lifecycle Implementation SAP ECC, CRM, SAP NetWeaver 7.0-7.3 based components. Experience with SAP ECC (FI and HCM), BW, Business
- Experience with SAP ECC (FI and HCM), BW, Business Objects, SolMan.
- Experience in ECC / EHP / SAP NetWeaver Version Upgrade Projects. Along with Unicode conversion projects.
- SAP Support pack/stack on a Solution Manager system
- Changes for the printer creation/deletion/changes at SAP as well OS.
- Coordinating efforts and consulting with implementers on the installation of new systems and upgrades our existing COTS software packages.
- System Administration / Monitoring and Technical Administration
- Monitoring Customising capabilities should include design and implementation of ICMon, JOBMon, PIMon and other advanced monitoring.
- Customisation of Metrics
- Maintenance Planner
- End-to-End Root Cause Analysis (E2E / RCA)
- Business Process Monitoring
- SAP Performance Tuning of NetWeaver (all versions) based systems.
- Configuring SAP systems to communicate with other SAP systems. This can includes creating ‘Destinations’ or ‘JCO’ Connections for a Java System
- Working with Project management, Project Control Office and Management to update parameters in SAP to improve performance.
- Assist developers learn how to diagnose connection issues between SAP systems (i.e. BI to ECC, Portal to BI and MTO to ECC)
- Performs incident response tasks through remedy when simple issues arise.
- Assist in coordinating efforts with Security team, external implementation partners and hosting partners.
- Expertise in implementing applications within Solution Manager.
- ChaRM Configuration
- Test Suite Configuration
- Focussed Insights – and other reporting capabilities
- Change Request Management (ChaRM), Change Transport System (CTS+)
- Incident Management / Helpdesk
- Test Management, Testing Tool Integration (HP Load Runner, HP Quality Centre, etc)
- Solution Documentation
- Business Processes Modelling, Business Process Change Analysis
- Focussed Build
- Designs, implements and tests ALM functionalities of SAP Solution Manager like Change and Release Management, ITSM, E2E monitoring, CTS+, NWDI, etc.
- Responsible for the successful delivery of the SAP Solution Manager landscapes including understanding of integration to third party tools such as HP ALM, JAVA based application development platforms, etc.
- Review project requirements and identify gaps in the functionality of the Solution Manager application in the project management, testing, and monitoring areas.
- Initiates, coordinates, and delivers system development changes and implementation.
- Work closely with SAP Solution Manager technical developers to ensure accuracy and timely code delivery that matches both designs and requirements.
- Contributes towards developing overall SAP Solution Manager strategy roadmap and implementation timelines.
- Consults on enhancements to SAP platforms with correct use of SAP Solman.
- Understands SLD strategy and documentation.
- Work closely with SAP Security and Release Management teams, help resolve system issues, and answers to inquiries from technical and business teams.
- Troubleshoots system related issues and communicates effectively to technical and business areas.
Minimum skills required:
- Service Desk and Test Suite Management applications in Solution Manager
- Project management setup using Solman for Business process documentation.
- CHARM setup
- EWA setup
- Basic Solman setup
- Remote system monitoring setup.
- Prior experience with BPM and BPA setup
- Experience with any of the applications ILM or DVM, Hybris, WCMS, Backoffice, Cockpits would be a plus
Minimum Relevant Experience:
- 3+ years working on SAP Solman
- Understanding of SAP best practice
- Techno-functional professional experience with at least 2+ full life cycle SAP implementation and 1+ support
- Able to do root cause analysis on Solman issue.
- Able to report both verbally and in writing to executive level.
- Should be open to learn new products and take additional responsibilities.
Lemongrass Consulting is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. The selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation.